10 Sep Request for Expressions of Interest – Consulting services for making an inventory, digitalization and creating mining Cadaster Portal
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES– FIRMS SELECTION)
SUPPORT TO EXTRACTIVES INDUSTRIES TRANSPARENCIES INITIATIVE COMPLIANCE PROCESS
Grant No.: TF0A6493
Assignment Title: Consulting services for making an inventory, digitalization and creating mining Cadaster Portal
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): ALBEITI/CS/CQ/F.2
This request for expressions of interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in Development Business online No. WB3513-03/19 of March 15, 2019.
The Government of Albania has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include making an inventory, digitalization and creation of the mining geodatabase, in other terms the development of the Digital Mining Cadaster. The objective of the assignment is the assessment of the current situation in regards to the existing mineral register, data gathering, elaboration and provision of a Digital Mining Cadaster. The assignment will:
- Provide analysis of the current situation in terms of the existing mining register. The Consultant shall conduct an up-to-date review and documentation of the Mining Laws and regulations.
- Identify what components are included in the existing mineral register. The consultant will perform a check of the current mineral system. This task will be performed through desk-based review aiming to create a full visibility of the current database and identify gaps that need to be revised.
- Propose new elements to be included. The consultant should propose a method of coding the permits that allows to unequivocally identify the permits as well as to trace their history.
- Develop and integrate the outcomes in a Web GIS Portal. The consultant, upon finalization of the assignment tasks, will develop and integrate all outcomes in a singular web GIS portal which will be accessible by public administration relevant institutions and by other related parties, with pre-defined access level of information.
The implementation period of the Contract is estimated to be 70 days from the contract signature.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: www.albeiti.org.
The Albanian EITI Secretariat now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The evaluation criteria are:
- general qualifications and experience of the Consultant, including core business and years in business (40 points);
- description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions (50 points); and
- technical and managerial capability of the Consultant and availability of appropriate skills within Consultant’s staff (10 points).
Key Experts will not be evaluated at this stage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016, revised November 2017 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant’s Qualification based Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 8.00 a.m. to 16.30 p.m. from Monday to Thursday and 08.00 a.m. to 14.00 on Friday.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by September 28, 2020.
Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative National Secretariat (EITI Albania)
Attn: Mr. Genci Tërpo, Head of EITI Albania National Secretariat
Address: Blv. “Zhan D’Ark”, Ish godina ME, Kati IV, Tirana, Albania
Tel: +355 4 2264645,